You may sponsor a family member through the Family Sponsorship Programs.
Types of Family Sponsorship:
- Spousal Sponsorship for spouse, commom-law partner and conjugal partner
- Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
- Adopted Children Sponsorship
- Other Relative Sponsorship for "alone" sponsor
You can be a sponsor if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident and living in Canada
- are 18 years of age and older
- sign an undertaking ensuring the basic needs of the sponsored person is taking care of
- meet the minimum income requirement set by Immigration Refugee and Citizenship of Canada
- sign an agreement with the sponsored person
There are additional requirements and preparation that you may need to find out before making a decision to sponsor your family member.
Legally marriage and valid in Canada and marriage country
Having been living together for at least twelve ongoing months
Having been maintaining a conjugal relationship for at least a year, committed and mutually interdependent relationship of some permanence, but situations beyond their control kept them from living together
Sponsor your Parents and or Grandparents
Sponsor your adopted children.
Note: Must meet the adoption process and related immigration requirements.
This program is mainly for a sponsor who is alone in Canada and has none of the other family members to sponsor.
Copyright © 2023 North Dynamics Immigration Consulting Services Inc. - All Rights Reserved.